Fungal infection on the scalp is a common disease that most people suffer from nowadays. The general reasons for this disease are increasing pollution, hot climates, extreme humidity, a lack of water in the body, and last but not least, poor hygiene.
Though a fungal infection is very common nowadays, it can be very dangerous for your health if you ignore treating it. A fungal infection destroys the natural oil of our hair and makes the hair dry. In case you are suffering from a fungal infection on the scalp, you should stop using the commercial chemical products and go for medication as soon as possible.
However, before opting for medical treatment, you can try some of the effective scalp fungus treatment home remedies that let your hair exfoliate and reduce the fungal infection on the scalp. Also, we have discussed here how you can grow your hair back after a scalp fungal infection.
Scalp Fungus Treatment Home Remedies
A fungal infection on the scalp makes your scalp extremely itchy. Also, you will notice a lot of dead skin on your head. Sometimes, you can feel headaches due to a fungal infection. Apart from the pollution, dust, dirt, and poor hygiene, you can suffer from scalp fungus diseases for extreme combing, excessive oiling, and washing your hair with harmful chemical products.
However, before you read the home remedies in order to cure the scalp fungus, you should read the common reasons for which you can suffer from this disease. Here are some general reasons for a scalp fungal infection.
- In case you are on an unhealthy diet, a fungal infection can occur on your scalp.
- Extreme stress is another reason for a scalp fungal infection.
- If you had suffered from any disease before, a fungal infection on the scalp can occur as a side effect.
- If you have shared someone’s towel who has a scalp infection, this disease can spread on your scalp as well.
- In case there is any cut pr injury on your scalp, you can suffer from a scalp fungus disease.
- Poor hygiene is another cause of this annoying issue.
- Excessive use of chemical products can cause this disease.
Why Does My Scalp Itchy A Day After Washing?
Are you feeling itchy on your scalp even after a hair wash? You might be wondering and thinking: Why does my scalp itchy a day after washing? So, you need to know if it is a fungal infection or something else.
In this section, we have stated some symptoms and signs of the fungal infection on the scalp.
You will find out extreme dandruff, dead skin, white flakes, and yellow and pus-filled boils on your scalp. Reddish and purplish rashes occur on your scalp. On the other hand, you will also see soft, moist, and white patches on your head as well.
Home Remedies For Dandruff And Itchy Scalp
Scalp fungus causes excessive dandruff and an itchy scalp. If you do not treat the fungal infection on the scalp as soon as possible, there are several risk factors that you can face in the future. But, gone are days when you have to rush to a doctor for your scalp fungus treatment.
You can have multiple natural and home ingredients that you can apply to your scalp to cure the infection. Here are the top 5 effective home remedies for dandruff and itchy scalp that can be the ultimate signs of a serious fungal infection. Let’s check them out.
Fungal infection: Scalp Fungus Treatment Home Remedies
- Baking Soda and Warm Water
Baking soda is an excellent home ingredient that has all the properties to cure fungal infections on the scalp. It can bring back the natural oil of the hair and exfoliates them. You should not use baking soda on your scalp directly. Rather, you need to mix it with lukewarm water and apply it to your hair. Use it regularly. Wash your hair with plain water after applying baking soda.
- Neem Oil
Neem leaves are entirely anti-fungal and a perfect antiseptic. So, neem oil can help you to fight fungi and reduce the fungal infection on your scalp. It can soothe your head as well. You need to take enough amount of neem leaves and make a fine paste.
Now, you should use this paste just like a hair mask. Let it sit on your scalp at least for 1 hour. Now, use a medicated shampoo and wash your scalp and hair with it. If you want a better result, you can mix carrier oil with the fine of neem leaves.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another home ingredient that works the best for any kind of skin issue. So, it can be very effective to cure scalp fungal infections too. You should keep in mind that you should not use apple cider vinegar directly on your scalp just like baking soda. Rather, you need to use it with two cups of water. Now, clean your hair with this mixture.
- Garlic and Olive Oil
If you want to fight the fungal infection on the scalp, you can trust Garlic blindly. Garlic has all the properties that can cure even a serious scalp fungus. Here is the use of garlic to cure fungal infections on the scalp.
Take 3 to 4 cloves of garlic paste and add a few drops of olive oil. In case you do not have olive oil at your home, you can use regular coconut oil with garlic paste. Now, you should thoroughly apply the paste to your scalp and massage it gently on your hair. After that, use a medicated shampoo and wash your hair.
- Tea Tree Oil along with Sweet Almond Oil
You can see a wonderful result when you mix tea tree oil and sweet almond oil together. The mixture will have a strong anti-fungal action on your scalp. Thus, it will rejuvenate your scalp and remove infections from the scalp.
Mix 3 to 4 drops of tea tree essential oil to 1 to 1 ½ spoon of sweet almond oil. Now apply the mixture to your hair gently. Let the mixture sit on your hair for at least 30 to 50 minutes. Wash your hair.
Dos And Don’ts
Apart from trying home remedies to cure fungal infections on the scalp, you should recall some of the dos and don’ts for getting a better result.
- You must visit a doctor even if you are using natural and home remedies to cure your fungal infections on the scalp. A doctor is the only person who knows what suits your hair the best.
- According to your hair type, you need to use mild shampoos to wash your hair while you are suffering from a scalp fungus infection. However, it is best to use the medicated shampoos and conditioners.
- Take necessary anti-biotics to cure scalp fungal infections.
- Cover your hair with a scarf when you go out in the sun.
- Regular oiling is a must.
- Use the home remedies every day.
- Eat green vegetables as best as you can.
- Never put on leather caps if you are suffering from a scalp fungal infection.
- Do not use commercial chemical products.
- Do not let your hair damp for a long time.
- Try to avoid an unhealthy diet.
Scalp Fungus Shampoo
Using a scalp fungus shampoo is the fastest way to cure a scalp fungus infection. You can use these shampoos.
- DHS Zinc Shampoo
- Brooklyn Botany Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
- Ovante Folliculitis Solution Shampoo
- Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo
How To Grow Hair Back After A Scalp Fungus Infection
Hair fall is the ultimate result of a scalp fungal infection. There is no way that you can prevent it. But, there are several ways to grow your hair back after you have been cured of fungal infections on the scalp.
Here is how to grow hair back after a scalp fungus infection.
- Even if you have been cured of the fungal infection on the scalp, you need to use the medicated shampoo even after this.
- Do as your doctor instructs you.
- Keep on taking the anti-biotics.
- Stay hydrated.
- Do not use chemical-based shampoos.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What kills fungus on the scalp?
If you want to use a home remedy for your scalp fungus treatment, you can blindly trust baking soda. This is an amazing home ingredient that removes fungus from the scalp. Not just that, baking soda can exfoliate your scalp by removing the dead skin as well.
You need to use 1 spoon of baking soda and 1 ½ cups of lukewarm water. Mix the ingredients and use them before going to sleep. The next day, wash your hair. On the other hand, you can use griseofulvin. It is an oral antifungal medicine that most doctors recommend for a scalp fungus treatment.
2.How do you treat scalp fungus naturally?
There are multiple natural and home remedies available for treating a fungal infection on the scalp. If you want natural solutions for a fungal infection on the scalp, you can try these home ingredients.
- Use baking soda. It is a wonderful ingredient that reduces dead skin and removes fungus from your scalp naturally. Use it with lukewarm water.
- Neem extract is another natural ingredient that helps you to remove fungal infections from the scalp.
- Apple cider vinegar is made with anti-fungal belongings. So, you can use the Apple cider vinegar to get rid of the fungus on the scalp.
- You can also try using tea tree oil to remove fungus from your scalp.
3.What is the fastest way to cure fungal infection?
Well, several home remedies can remove a fungal infection from the scalp. But, you have to be patient while you are using those home treatments. They are not the fastest ways to cure fungal infections. In case you want the fastest way to remove the fungus from your scalp, you need to use an anti-fungal shampoo every day.
But, consult your doctor before you use any kind of shampoo. However, these anti-fungal shampoos quickly remove fungus from the scalp and exfoliate your hair as well.
These natural and home treatments will help you to reduce your fungal infection and stop inflammation from your scalp. You just have to use the ingredients on a regular basis. Don’t worry.. They work the same way an anti-fungal shampoo works on your scalp.
Read More-Top Natural Face Scrubs For Your Sensitive Skin