Facial hair growth is common in every male and female, however, being a female with excessive facial hair growth can degrade your confidence. Your beauty cannot be defined based on facial hair growth, but if you feel uncomfortable you can always choose to get rid of those facial hairs.
A little bit of facial hair is normal, if your facial hairs are soft, thin, and light in shade they won’t cause any harm to your appearance, the problem is when your facial hair starts growing in a male pattern hair that is thick, black and coarse, you can remove them by easy methods.
Searching for how I can stop facial hair from growing? Your answer is this article. Read the complete article to find easy solutions for facial hair removal, you can also remove your thick and coarse chin as well as cheek hairs with easy methods.
Causes Of Increased Facial Hair Growth In Females
Before heading towards the solution, let’s understand the causes of increased facial hair growth in females.
The main reason for this is an increase in Androgen -a male hormone that stimulates hair growth. Increase in the levels of androgen in women have various reasons like:
There might be other causes of facial hair growth in females.
How To Stop Facial Hair Growth In Females Naturally At Home
Facial hair growth can be stopped naturally with effective methods. Many natural and easy remedies can give you results showing less hair growth, thinness, and lightness. Without any further ado let’s see some easy methods to remove facial hair at home without any side effects.
1.Gram Flour, turmeric and curd face pack
The above face pack acts as a scrub and removes facial hair easily. You can also experience glowing soft skin after its application. Turmeric powder will add to your beauty and clean the skin pores, curd will give you soft skin.
- Take the gram flour curd and turmeric powder in a 2:2:1 tablespoon ratio respectively.
- Mix all the ingredients in a smooth paste.
- Add curd if the paste is too thick or add gram flour if it’s too liquid.
- The texture must be sticky jelly form.
- Apply it on the face-covering all your facial hair (be precautions near your eyes and eyebrows)
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes or until the paste dries off completely
- Remove it with the tip of your finger in the opposite direction of the hair growth by scrubbing gently.
- Wash off your face with normal water, repeat the process twice a week for better results.
2.Honey and red lentil face pack
Lentil and honey are best for facial scrubs that exfoliate the skin and remove facial hair easily. You can feel the cream-like effect of the paste on your skin.
- Grind a half cup of red lentils into a thin powder form
- Sieve it to get the fine powder.
- Mix the lentil powder with honey and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- If your paste form is too thick you can add milk into it or more of the lentil powder if it’s too loose.
- Apply the paste on the face and leave it for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once you see flakes of the paste coming off from the face, gently remove the paste by rubbing in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Repeat the process thrice a week for better results.
How To Reduce Facial Hair Growth In Females
“Alum” yes you read that right. Alum can help you to reduce the growth of facial hair for a longer time. Though the results are slow to be seen, it is an effective and easiest method of reducing facial hair. All you need is an alum crystal and lukewarm water.
- Wash your face to remove dirt particles.
- Take an alum crystal and dip it in water.
- Gentle rub the crystal on your face for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water after rubbing.
- You can see the results within 2 weeks of use, alum reduces the hair growth from the hair follicles and also the chemical properties in it causes the hair to be thin and light in colour.
- For best results apply it 3 to 4 times a week.
How To Remove Unwanted Hair Permanently At Home Naturally In 15 Minutes
Unwanted facial hairs can be removed at home in 15 minutes. This can be a longer remedy solution that prevents hair growth.
Try out the Banana and Oatmeal Scrub, the scrub improves your skin by acting as a cleanser.
- Make a fine paste of a banana, 3 tablespoons of oatmeal and milk together.
- Make sure the paste is fine and mixed well.
- Apply it to your unwanted facial hairs.
- Let it dry off completely for 15 minutes.
- Rub the scrub in the opposite direction to your hair growth.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- For better results use the scrub twice a week to remove unwanted facial hair.
Three Best Ways To Remove Facial Hair From Women At Home
Here are the best ways most liked by women to remove facial hairs at home.
- Threading:- Most of the females prefer threading to remove the facial hair easily at home. It is a penny-saving and time-saving method. Although there are positive effects you might also experience some negative points. Threading needs to be done frequently.
- Waxing:- Waxing your facial hairs can give your relief of a month( may vary to some females depending on the speed of the hair growth)
- Home remedies:- You can try out home remedies mentioned in the article to reduce hair growth, as well it helps in lightening the colour of the hairs. Also, these remedies give a glow to your skin.
How To Remove Upper Lip Hair At Home Immediately With Only 3 Ingredients
Hairs on the upper lips in females are generally thin, soft, and light. You can easily remove the upper lip hairs by a simple DIY hack at home. Such hacks will save your time, efforts, and cost together. Here are some of the 3 ingredient home remedies to remove upper lip hairs.
1.Cornflour and egg mask
You need one egg, a little bit of cornflour, and sugar. The paste formed can be used around the lips to create a mask. The cornflour will enhance the glow whereas the egg will stick to the hair on drying and make it come off once you rub it.
- Mix one egg, one tablespoon cornflour, and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Mix them until the sugar dissolves and apply it to the upper lip.
- Add flour as needed.
- Leave it to dry off completely for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After it dries off, rub it with gentle hands.
- Wash it off with normal water.
- Use the mask thrice a week for best results.
2.Lemon sugar syrup mix
The mix acts as an exfoliator and as a natural bleaching agent. It helps in reducing hair growth, lights the color of facial hair and smoothes skin.
- Add sugar, water and lemon juice in a 2:10:2 ratio respectively. That means per 2 tablespoons of sugar, add 10 tablespoons of water along with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Mix them and apply them to your upper lips.
- Rub it for 5 minutes gently on the upper lips.
- Leave it to dry for 20 to 25 minutes and wash it with normal water.
- Use this paste daily or 4 times a week to see the best results.
How Can A Woman Stop Facial Hair Growth
Once you know the cause of your hair growth, you can easily tackle the facial hair growth problem. If it’s because of excessive insulin, change your diet plan, if it’s because of your menstrual cycle see your doctor.
What Food Stops Facial Hair Growth
If we start from basics, facial hair growth becomes excessive in women who go through menopause or in women who have increased levels of insulin in the body. The high levels of insulin in females increase the production of male hormones (androgen).
Which in turn increases excessive facial hair growth. Hence, your diet plays a crucial role in answering the question of how a woman can stop facial hair growth.
Note this list of not to eat food or eat but in controlled amounts of food to stop facial hair growth.
- White carbohydrates
- Sugar or insulin foods
- High Glycaemic Index foods.
We know you can’t avoid all of these, at least try to minimize the intake of these foodstuffs in a minimal quantity.
Which Hormone Causes Facial Hair Growth In Women
Facial hairs are not any problem, however, they might be a nightmare if they grow in a thick coarse pattern like a beard and mustache like in men. Yes, you might be shocked to know the cause of excessive facial hair growth is a male hormone. The hormone is known as Androgen or male hormone primarily known as testosterone.
Androgen is usually found in males, but it might be present in females due to extra body fat or other ovarian disorders.
What Is Hirsutism
Hirsutism is an increase of the hormone androgens that causes excessive growth of thick and strong hairs on the face and other body parts. Usually, the presence of androgen is found in the males that are responsible for their beard and mustache.
If the presence of androgen is high in females it gives rise to male pattern hair growth in the women on different body parts.
Hirsutism is a difficult situation for females, especially when they are cautious about their beauty. There are also other causes like menopause-related hormonal changes or changes and issues caused by adrenal glands, disorders of ovaries.
There are many ways by which you can easily reduce or treat the condition of hirsutism. Few of them may be temporary while few can last for a longer time.
- Shaving- This can be a temporary, easy to do and time convenient method to remove excessive hair growth. However, you should do it regularly after every 2 or 3 days to avoid stubble on your face. Facial hair growth can make you uncomfortable.
- Laser treatment- Laser hair removal treatments are long-lasting facial hair removal treatments, but they consume a lot of time, are expensive and you can’t do it in a short duration. Before doing it, it is advisable to consult with the doctors.
- Electrolysis treatment- Electrolysis is also a permanent solution for unwanted hair growth and has a similar pattern to laser treatment. It is an expensive treatment, a longer procedure and also take many sessions to get it done completely. However it is a permanent hair removal treatment, and you need not worry after the procedure for unwanted hair growth.
Domestic Ingredients That Help To Reduce Facial Hair Growth
Do you know your domestic or kitchen ingredients can help you to reduce facial hair growth? If not then this article is for you. Many kitchen ingredients can hamper the growth of facial hair and you can get rid of the facial hairs easily without thinking about expenses.
Here’s a list of domestic ingredients that can help you reduce facial hair growth.
- Lemon juice
- Sugar with lime juice
- Gram flour paste
- Lentil paste
- Raw egg
There are many more ingredients in this list. All the above-mentioned ingredients are natural and don’t exhibit any kind of side effects. Although there’s no recorded scientific evidence of side effects, it is always the best option to do a patch test before using any home remedies.
Side effects can be anything like rashes, burns, pimples due to specific allergies. It is advisable to apply the paste on a small section of your arm to check if you experience any issues. If you feel no irritation after 24 hours of patch test go with it, but if there’s any mild irritation to your skin skip the remedy and contact your doctor.
Other Ways To Remove Facial Hairs
Well, we have covered up all the ways of facial hair removals in the article. To sum up them together they are mainly as follows:-
- Laser hair removal
- Electrolysis hair removal
- Home remedies
- DIY hacks
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s discuss some of the common routine questions every female gets related to Facial hairs.
1.Can DIY Home Remedies Get Rid Of Facial Hair Permanently?
This might not be good news to you, but No, you can’t get rid of the facial hair permanently by any DIY Home remedies. The only known permanent solution for getting rid of facial hair growth is electrolysis which destroys the hair follicles from the root and hence stops them from growing hair again.
Although you might see many articles trying to bribe you with permanent home solutions for stopping facial hairs from growing again, they are just temporary solutions.
Home remedies are effective but for a shorter duration, they give results like minimizing the growth of thick and strong hairs, making the hair grow thin and soft, etc.
2.Does medication help in hair removal? Are they safe?
There are many prescribed medication forms especially creams or gels that result in hair removals. All the medications have different functions and timespans. Some medications can help you get rid of the hair for more than 8 weeks while some may require frequent application to get rid of the hairs.
Note down none of the medications are permanent solutions for stopping hair growth, you need to do electrolysis to stop the facial hair growth. All the people have different skin types and every skin type reacts differently to each medicine.
It is a precautionary measure to consult with professionals before applying any medication for stopping hair growth.
3.Can Electrolysis Help In Getting Rid Of Facial Permanently?
Yes, electrolysis helps in getting rid of the facial hair permanently. Electrolysis is a hair removal procedure where the hair follicle is damaged within the skin from its roots which causes the fall of existing hair and stops the growth of new hair.
A trained professional undertakes the treatment by inserting a thin wire into the hair follicles and a wave of electric current destroys the follicle completely.
4.Can laser hair removal help in getting rid of facial hair?
Laser hair removal treatments can be a temporary but effective solution for getting rid of facial hair. It targets precisely the hair follicles by beams and destroys the follicle. However you can’t get the laser treatment on larger parts, it is not possible to get the beam all over the body.
For facial hair removal, it is best since you can precisely remove the thick coarse hairs from your face without pain. Despite its benefits, it is still an underrated treatment method because of the expenses.
Hope that the above article has answered all your questions on how to remove facial hair easily at home. There are many solutions to stop facial hair growth and all of them have been listed above.
Remember again, you are beautiful just the way you are. No one gets to complain about how you should be. If you want you can remove facial hair if you don’t wish it to be absolutely fine.