Boyfriend jeans have become a favorite of many fashion icons, including Katie Holmes, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Marilyn Monroe. Similar to boys’ jeans, boyfriend jeans have a slouchy and relaxed fit as if they belong to the gentlemen but tailored for the ladies. In recent years, more iterations of the boyfriend jeans have been made; while they are still relaxed, they are slimmer and more tapered.
Due to the newer design of boyfriend jeans, the ladies can pick how baggy the former fit and where they will lie. However, many women find it hard to choose the right pair of boyfriend jeans and struggle to pull the style off without risk-taking manners. But the truth is, you can rock these jeans as long as you observe the following rules and tips.
Get the Right Fit Based on Your Body Shape
One of the secrets to rocking the boyfriend jeans is to choose a pair that fits your body shape. The following are some common women body shapes and their right fit:
- Petite women: Ladies with a small figure should go for a slim, skinny or tapered fitting of boyfriend jeans. If they wear a baggy or oversized pair without a tapered ankle, the jeans will drown their frames.
- Tall women: Ladies blessed with height can get away with most shapes of boyfriend jeans. They can wear a baggy pair without getting overwhelmed by the jeans while also opting for a slimmer fit. During the summer season, they can also try cropping the jeans without having to worry about their legs appearing shorter.
- Curvy women: Ladies with curves, be it apple, pear or hourglass shape, are better off with a slimmer fitting pair, similar to the petite ladies. If they wear baggy boyfriend jeans, they might show a bad appearance with the additional fabric. Selecting a pair with a slim fit and little slouch will further accentuate their silhouette without adding the extra pounds.
- Slimmer women: Women with slim and tall figures can get away with a baggy pair of jeans. But if they are slim yet petite, they should opt for slimmer-fitting jeans.
Get the Right Fit According to Seasons
Choosing the perfect fit for the seasons can help you look considerably better inboyfriend jeans. The following are some expert suggestions for boyfriend jeans based on seasons:
- Spring and Summer: Spring and summer are the seasons for boyfriend jeans cut. Choosing a pair with lighter washes, such as light blue or white, would be best for activities like hiking, picnic, and during festivals.
- Winter: Although most ladies tend to put away their boyfriend jeans during a cold climate, this does not mean that the jeans cannot be worn in the cold weather, it all depends on how they want to style these jeans. The key to rocking boyfriend jeans during winter is to make them as slim as possible. They can wear layers of fabrics, such as coats, scarves and hats.
Complete the Look With the Right Tops and Shoes
Loose-fitting jeans go well with structured tops. Maintaining this balance is the key to accomplish a polished look. On the other hand, when it comes to shoes, choosing shoes with a more feminine vibe, such as classic pumps, beautiful ballet flats and strappy sandals, can be an excellent match for the pair of jeans.
Finding the perfect pair of boyfriend jeans can be a daunting task on its own. Some pairs can overwhelm and drown your figure while others are not flattering on your silhouette and look too sloppy. The essential secrets to rocking the boyfriend jeans are to pick the right fit according to your body shape and season, as well as pairing them with the right tops and shoes.